Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

These shoes better cook me dinner and pay my bills


Have you seen these shoes? They're called MBT's.

They're like boats, right? I don't find them particularly cute but boy are they magic! After I got my shot on Friday my foot doctor told me to go check these out, so the next morning I was at the mall. Give me any excuse to go shoe shopping and I'm on it!

I ended up getting this pair because they were by far the cutest ones they had...but that's not saying much. I've officially reached the age where foot health and shoe comfort trump sexy. Well...most of the time. My every day shoes have to be comfortable because foot pain=cranky Kat.

These shoes are great because they never put any direct pressure anywhere on the foot. The pivot point is at the arch of the foot, so your arch is always supported and the ball and heal of the foot just rock back and forth on the pivot. Genius!

When I went in to the Walking Store (best shoe store ever) there was another man with a boot and 3 others with Plantar Fascists looking for relief. There's like this instant camaraderie with others who have suffered with PF. They had 2 MBT rep's at the walking store and both suffered with PF for years and both have been cured with these shoes. One woman worked for Nike before and after wearing her MBT's for 2 months with no pain, she called up the company and was like, I need to work for you! So they hired her. Sweet huh?

So anyways, I totally fell in love with this ugly shoes and bought a pair. They are the most expensive shoes I've ever owned but I think they will be really worth it.

Here's hoping!


8 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about these shoes but have never actually seen a pair. They're something! ;)
    I can't wait to read your review of them.
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out the mbt website. You are right. You picked the most flattering pair. Holy crap, MBT needs to hire a different shoe designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you've got the right shoes for the walking woman!
    Walk and role.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they rock and you love them! Sure they aren't as sexy as a pair of 4 inch pumps - but just think of the horrible pain that come with those.. and the blissful relief you will get from these. My fingers are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they looks kinda like fitflops in a more stable form!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wearing MBT shoes almost every day for the last 3 years. I'm on my second pair as I literally wore through my first one.

    Hint: If you ever want another pair, look on Ebay. You may have to check back every couple weeks til you find a style in a size you like, but you'll save heaps. Just make sure they are MBTs and not a knock-off version. I've bought both my pairs off Ebay and I think they were each around $100 USD plus shipping - give or take.

    They take a little while to get used to, but you will fall in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so are these supposed to heal your pf or are they just there to keep your feet comfortable. forgive my blonde roots. i am happy to hear that you found some to help though

    ReplyDelete