1) Growing up I wanted to go to Notre Dame. I even had a Notre Dame hat that I wore through the better part of 7th grade. Then I became Mormon and realized that it wouldn't look good for a Mormon girl to go to a Catholic school, so the dream died. When I watch the movie Rudy, I get sentimental.
2) Did I just rock your world, telling you that I was Mormon? Well I WAS Mormon. I converted when I was 14 and it lasted until I was about 19-20. I converted by myself, my parents thought I was crazy, but they let me do it. I'm glad I had that strict of a religion in my life during that time, but ultimately Mormonism isn't for this girl. I still have an intense curiosity about religion, life, philosophy, psychology...basically any topic that asks the question “what makes us do what we do?” I could start an entire blog about this topic. But ultimately, the only thing I know for sure, is that I don't know that much and I've never felt such peace in the "not knowing."
3) I'm a photographer. I started my own business a little over a year ago and couldn’t be happier with that decision. I don’t ever talk about my business on this blog cause I don’t want it to come across like I’m trying to plug my business, but WOW it’s hard not to talk about something so central to my happiness! Here’s a little snippet into my “other world.” www.goldenpaisleyphotography.com
4) My husband is the best husband. He is funny, romantic, affectionate, smart, athletic, he writes me poetry, picks me flowers and puts them behind my ear, takes the trash out, cleans the litter box, carries a knife, drives a 4-door olive green jeep, is rugged but has soft hands, is a great cook, will kick your ass at trivial pursuit, fix ANY computer problem you have, has his Masters Degree in Technical Management, finds funny videos for me on you-tube, and is growing a sexy beard for me right now like the one Bob Harper is sportin’. I am in love.
5) I’m a music nut. I have no idea how many actual CD’s we own, but I’m guessing it’s somewhere around two thousand. I love all music and can usually find some redeeming quality in any band. I’m such a music nut that I went to a marching band event at the movie theater! Most people don’t know that I love rap. The dirtier the better. I love rap and hip-hop and R&B. It would not be strange to find me with the windows down listening to Eazy-E, 50 cent or Eminem. Scott makes fun of me, but I know he secretly loves it when I rap the dirtiest lyrics driving down the road. It’s my freak flag and I fly it proudly
6) I’m a certified stripper. (see, these rap lyrics just come flying out) What I meant was…I’m a certified yoga instructor. I went through a year long intensive training back in 2005-2006 and it was one of the most enlightening experiences of my life. Transformed me completely. I taught yoga full time for a couple years and loved it. I don’t teach right now, just haven’t found a studio in the Denver area that I love as much as my old studio.
7) I have a crush on Maggie Gyllenhaal. Have you seeeeeeeen the the movie the Secretary? I love her, seriously!