Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Summer is just around the corner

I love Summer! I can't wait for the warm days and soft green grass. Bike rides down to Confluence Park. Shopping at REI, then putting my feet in the Platte River. Outdoor concerts at City Park. Frisbee @ Cheesman Park and picnics galore. Walking to the grocery store without the fear of slipping on the ice. Wearing flip flops and dresses. Saturday farmer's markets (there are a ton here in Denver)

There are a lot of things that I'm looking forward to this summer, but the number one thing is the promise of a new body. The promise of a new me. I feel the changes already and I know it will just keep getting better.

HOLY CRAP, that Iz Kamakonosikiahhhhh Hawaiian guy who sings "Somewhere over the rainbow" song just started on my Pandora! It's not even in the genre I'm playing now. A sign? I think YES! Give me a second, let me soak this in...

OK, I'm back. Where was I? Oh right, the promise of a new me. A friend of mine was asking about the Body for Life program and as I was talking to her about it I realized that it's not about the program, it's about you being ready to do it. What ever it is. I'm just ready.

Bring it on Summer! My Orange Townie Cruiser is aching to get out there and ride!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, sis! I'm so proud of you! You are totally ready and you owe it to yourself.. this you already know. I wish everyone read your blog and be inspired by your courage and your strength. Love and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting all caught up on your blog after finding it through another blog (cant remember who).

    I LOVE THAT SONG! It's actually going to be the processional at our wedding in July. Everytime I say the name of the singer to the DJ I say Ole'ISSZZZYEAMMAYA and the DJ says "Let's just call him IZ"

    ReplyDelete