Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Body for Life day 3

Day 3 meant a lower body workout. Quads, Hamstrings, calves and abs. Now instead of just my upper body in pain, my whole body is in pain. Yea for lactic acid!

Since it was a weights day we didn't wake up early. We were at the gym by 5ish and done within 45 minutes. The lower body workout took less time than the upper body I think because it was only 4 muscle groups and upper body is 5. Either way, it was nice to be done fairly quickly.

The eating portion of BFL is still proving semi-challenging. Eating 6 times a day is not as easy as you'd think. Sure I could put away a sleeve of oreos around 3:00, but I don't think that's what Bill Phillips had in mind. He recommends 6 meals a day and normally 3 of them are protien drinks. We've been researching the hell out of the protien drinks and found that none of them are really great. I'm lactose intollerant and many of them have lactose in the ingredients list. The chemicals in them are obscene as well. So as a result of that I'm pretty sure I haven't been getting nearly as much protien as I should be.

If anyone out there has a good protien drink, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting the Body For Life program. I just started the challenge as well. I am just completing week 2. I am loving it!

    I am doing a blog too, to chart my journey and stay motivated. Feel free to visit if you like, http://2010makeover.blogspot.com

    I have been using the EAS drinks once a day, but that's about my limit for milk products, I am also sensitive to wheat products, so I have been using Jarrow Formulas 80% Concentrated Brown Rice Protein Powder (bought at GNC) for my other protein drink meal (I mix it with rice milk). It definitely doesn't qualify as a tasty treat, that's for sure, but it's not bad. It's doable for me.

    I hope this is helpful! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about the lactose being an issue. What is lactic acid? Does it help with soreness?

    ReplyDelete