Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Transformation week one

Hey-O

This past week I started working out at the Transformation Center in Golden, CO.  Going in to this, I really had no idea what to expect, except that I might meet the muscly tan Bill Phillips.  I was a nervous.

It's been almost a week now Transformation center is really amazing. The people there really get weight loss and how it's so much more than eating correctly and working out. They focus so much on the mental aspect of it, which is really great. They all treat you like you're the only one there and it's a really nice feeling to have so many people who just want to help you and not judge you or scream in your face. Although, I wouldn't mind if Bob Harper screamed in my face...just sayin'.

I started off having to take a before picture in my sports bra and shorts. It was not cute, ya'll. I got the picture back a couple days later and I almost started crying. Like, seriously I had tears in my eyes. My coach Shane really wanted me to SEE myself. Trust me, I saw it all. Even that tattoo on my right hip that was a mistake the second it was finished, but I digress. ALWAYS find a tattoo artist who's on board and excited by your concept.

I've really been doing a lot of soul searching around my weight and my reasons for wanting to finally lose it once and for all. I've been tracking everything. Food, workouts, emotions, thoughts, goals.

My goal for the next 12 weeks is to lose 30 lbs. I have a history of starts and stops brought on mostly by me getting frustrated the weight isn't coming off quickly enough, and then giving up. I'm really trying to stop this habit of thinking. It's clearly gotten me no where but chunksville and I'm so ready to move out of that town.

More than anything right now, I'm trying to only focus on one day at a time. I know, puke! It sounds to trite, but it's the only way I can do this.. If I start imagining a future that doesn't exist, it's not really helpful (as pretty as it might be).  I need to just give in to the process and enjoy it. Double Puke! But, for reals, that's what it's going to take

The Positive this week? I feel a lot better already. Still pretty fat, but a little more optimistic :)

Stay tuned

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! It sounds like you're ready...that's step 1!

    ReplyDelete