Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

VEGAS:Truth

People tell me they like me for my honesty on this blog. So in the spirit of that honesty, here's how the week has gone so far.

Plan:To workout every day
Truth:Not happened yet and probably won't. I've been having to wake up at 6am anyways and the odds of me waking up at 5am. HA!

Plan:To not go off the deep end into the dark side with food
Truth: When subway costs you $12 and a noodle veggie chicken dish from the food court costs $19 there is no way you can go to the dark side without dropping serious cash. NO I will NOT have a $8.00 Amstel Light with lunch are you nuts? I've had one alcoholic drink. A Heineken that set me back $8.50 when I was watching Nigel Barker speak. PS-he's cute but not so awesome to listen to. Just a smidge full of himself. I've made healthy/semi-healthy choices about 70% of the time so far. The gyro and fries was not one of those choices.

Funny story about Nigel Barker. You've probably seen him on America's Next Top Model. He's a fashion photographer. So Sunday night there was this meet and greet/kick off of the convention. He was the speaker that night. Before the festivities we were all mingling. Just me and 16,000 of my closest friends. So I meet this guy who says he does fashion photography and how he's so excited to meet Nigel Barnes. He referred to him as Nigel Barnes like 10 times. I didn't have the heart to correct him so I just listened to him talk about NB and his love of cheesy grits. I saw him again walking around and he was like "aaaayyyyy" and put his hand out for a fist pump. So I said "ayyyyy grits!" I swear it was funny in my head. Also, I know I totally called grits out on my blog, but I totally understand what happened to him. I'm the queen of being like "OMG, I love Pink Floyd" and then someone's like, what's your favorite album and I'm like, ummmmmm the one with the rainbow thingie. It's ok grits, I got your back.

I called a man grits. See how I always tie things back with food?

Signing off from buffet land
(there I go again)

2 comments:

  1. Just you and 16,000 friends? Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Nigel is a NOTED fashion photographer.

    NOTED.

    Tyra always says that.

    It makes me want to pull out my hair.

    Also, I love that you called the guy Grits. I get it. And it's funny.

    ReplyDelete