It should be said that I just spent the last 20 minutes writing a post about all the things I hate about being fat...all the things I hate about my body, all the things I hate about how my brain works. I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself lately.
Then I remembered the story I posted about the wolves and how which ever wolf you feed, grows.
So to try and offset the past 20 minutes of negativity brewing inside of me, I'm going to share with you the things I love about myself...right now, not 50 pounds from now.
1) I love that I have strong legs
2) I love my hair
3) I love my eyes
4) I love that I'm a great swimmer
5) I love that I'm a good friend
6) I love that I'm an over-sharer
7) I love that I don't really care that I'm an over-sharer
8) I love that I chose to seek counseling and make myself better
9) I love that I'm artistic
10) I love that I'm sometimes too emotional
11) I love that I can write about this weight loss journey
12) I love that I keep my husband on his toes, like how the other night I went into a 30 minute tirade about how women are so great and how we could rule the world if only we stopped picking at each other for 10 minutes. I got all women's lib on his ass and he was like woah who did I marry? He generally likes to keep me locked up in the kitchen making pies and doing laundry. All of this is to say that I love how I am passionate about certain topics. Topics like "turn the f-ing tv off if that ASPCA Sarah McLaughlin commercial comes on one more time" I can't handle animal cruelty, I'm half cat ya know.
I challenge all of you to write out some things that you love about yourself. Yes, it feels a bit strange, but I think that we all focus too much about what we're doing wrong or what we dislike about ourselves. Especially vulnerable are us weight loss bloggers. We spend a lot of our energy calculating just how much guilt we should be feeling for weighing X, not losing enough in a particular week etc. So, write out some things you love, and if you're feeling extra spicy...post it for the world to see!