Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Support

I have the best friend in the world. I think the term soul mate is pretty cheesy, but seriously she's my soul mate. She's the Gayle to my Oprah. Why is she so awesome? For so so many reasons, but one in particular stands out. She's so supportive of me. She is my biggest cheerleader and fan and she's genuine about it. Yesterday we talked about losing weight, like we do a lot. Erin is tall, gorgeous and has an amazing body. Not too thin, just perfect. She works for it though. She doesn't eat crap, she works out, she eats small portions and it's on her mind a lot. Wait, it's on her mind a lot? That's the reaction I had. A little light bulb went off yesterday for me. I paint this picture in my mind that thin people, or in shape people don't have to struggle with being really really ridiculously good looking. No, she's not a food addict who's obsessive (like I can be) but it doesn't necessarily come easy for her either.

I think one of the excuses we tell our selves when trying to lose weight is something along the lines of "yeah but I have it harder because of X". The reality is, yes you may have it harder than someone else, but ultimately the work is the same. You still have to eat healthy, not too much and move your butt. Weather you want to lose the last 5 lbs like Erin, or lose the last 50, like me, the road is essentially the same.

And now for some pictures through the years. I wish I had some old Jr. High gems of the two of us, but I can't seem to find any. Thanks sis for always being there. PS-it totally looks like we're getting married in that last picture.








9 comments:

  1. Are you marrying The Hunchback of Notre Dame in this first picture? I think so. Love these pictures! I love you too. I'm so glad we can reconnect again and again, like we did yesterday. I love you and think you're doing an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really insightful, Katy. I think you're awesome and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kinds of friendships are the blood of life. Drove me crazy when people kept asking Oprah about her and Gale being lesbians and makes me sad that some people will never know that depth of friendship. There's nothing like it!

    PS - As your vegan hero, I thought I should tell you...I'm compiling a list of meat/cheese intensive meals that I'm eating on Sunday. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing...I'm on the weight loss journey again. 25 lbs of baby weight to go. I'm with ya, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friendships that last a lifetime are indeed precious. And, you make a great looking couple ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pics. I have a special support system. I refer to her as "the awesomest-cousin-in-the-whole-world-and-did-i-mention-she's-gorgeous-?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! I love these old pictures! I love you two! Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, my comment's not on here! I think it's because I called Erin Steadman. I meant it in the nicest way, I swear.

    Love you guys. Both beautiful, and both inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite a tribute to your friend. I also used to think that skinny people did not think about their weight, or eating or even exercise. I know now that is not true. Knew to your blog but I will be back. Michele

    ReplyDelete