Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

You should try this

Everyone knows that we should be getting our daily Omega 3's and fish oil, but if you're anything like me, you can't stand taking giant horse pills or choking down the actual fish oil itself. YUCK!

That sentence should be my admission into HSN! Look how natural I can be whilst selling product!

Seriously though, this isn't a product review I was asked to do, this is my "for real passion!" Since we've been together, Scott has been sort of my live-in nutritionist. Telling me what I should try, making me eat my broccoli, buying my vitamins etc. Based on our relationship now, you'd never guess that in the beginning I was the one getting him healthy and off of his bachelor diet of Chili-Mac. One time I went out to get us sandwiches and he just said get me whatever...so I got him what I normally got. Which had regular toppings of lettuce, tomato, onion etc. He said that he'd NEVER had a sandwich with "veggies" on it! Now he's like the spinach Nazi. I totally created a health monster, but all is well.

So for years now, we've been playing this game called "take your fish oil." Which usually results in some form of gagging from me (6 year old girl style) and him finishing off the bottle of whatever we just spent $40 on. So last week when he came home with "Barlean's Omega Swirl-Smoothie taste & Texture" I was all, uhhhhhhh, a fish smoothie? You've got to be out your damn mind boy! But he insisted that the friendly sales associate assured him I'd like it. Sort of like the last time some friendly sales associate assured him I'd drink the fish oil if I put it in OJ. Notsomuch.

He got me the Lemon Zest flavor so I was like, great lemon fish! Then I tried it and oh my god, it's so great! Absolutely NO FISH FLAVOR. NONE! No oily texture either. The lemon is really really good tasting. Tastes like the filling of a lemon custard pie. No lies here people, this is coming from me, not some crazy person who insists tofu tastes like chicken or carob chips are a suitable replacement for chocolate.

So if you've been trying to get fish oil into your diet, try this! I really promise you, you won't regret it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katy,

    My name is Terence and I work for Barleans Oranic Oils...THANK YOU for this great blog post about Omega Swirl. We would love to send you a free full-sized sample, please send an email with your shipping address to orders@barleans.com. Please add "attn: social media manager to the subject line. Best of health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed your advice and bought both the lemon and the pomagranate blueberry ones. Thanks for the great review!

    I've tried both (one each of the last two days) and I'm not sure which one I like better. FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without a doubt the best omega-3 supplement on the market

    ReplyDelete